Re: v8 bank statement reconciliation

Hello

thank you Fabrice for that valuable summary about bank statements in
OpenERP.

Now, I may be wrong, but I think your "Account Deposit" idea you mentioned
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nJDyQRZZFKTlvuc4Oj_0QSDXRt7XjEyjrpcwH4M3TLE/edit
may
actually be overlapping what people where already doing for years with the
account_payment_extension module now in the OCA account-payment project
(though not in the USA):
https://code.launchpad.net/account-payment

This would also overlaps I think with what the Account Banking guys" (an
other OpenERP specie) do with their account_direct_debit module:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~banking-addons-drivers/banking-addons/direct-debit-refactoring-fosdem2/files/head:/account_direct_debit/

In all cases, the idea is to allow grouping customer payments with the core
payment.order object by extending it. And at some point these grouped
customer payments are submitted in batch to a bank.
As you can see, there is already a pretty rich eco-system around these
modules, specially if you consider the recent SEPA achievements for Europe
by Akretion and Acsone. In direct-debit they did for "direct debit" of
customer accounts. But in fact, it's very close to what is done in
account_payment_extension and with little or no change it could be used as
a drop in replacement (also using the account_due_list from Agile BG to
fill the gap in the cash flow management provided by
account_payment_extension).

So, did I missed something? Is it in fact something fundamentally different?

If not, I encourage you to request the required changes in the
account-banking OCA project and submit your additionnal extensions to
support your legal needs in the USA.

Also, here in Brasil we have the same kind of needs for the "boletos".
Influenced by the Spanish pioneers NaNtik and Zikzakmedia we have been
using the account_payment_extension so far.

account_payment_extension wasn't bad at all, but given that the account
banking ecosystem seems to get a wider momentum these days (specially
because of the SEPA work covering new legal requirements in Europe), we
think we will move to account-banking too. I'll hopefully make a complete
post encouraging people to do this move and building strong synergies
instead of divided efforts with incompatible modules. In that sense OCA is
really good at encouraging people in working in the same direction.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts about this.

Regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant