Re: OCA guidelines for code compatibility with Python 2.6

Hello,

I have no strong opinion on that this, but still I share mine: I would say
once we are able to ensure we can follow current Python releases (3.x),
then we can afford the luxury to look backward to try no breaking older
Python versions.
As we are unable to catch up with the Python 3.x line, which isn't exactly
the bleeding edge either as it's 5 years old already, I would say we should
focus our efforts to be able to make that move before spending effort on
compatibility with older versions. Dropping Python 2.6 support and ensuring
compat with latest 2.7 is actually making efforts to support 3.x if you
understand properly latest 2.7 releases policies.

My 0.02 R$

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant