Re: v8 OCB

On 02/25/2014 12:43 AM, Raphael Valyi wrote:
> Hello Pedro,
>
> I think the easiest is to merge official v8 into OCB in a v8 OCB serie
> branched from the current v7 OCB.

Hi,

the most transparent process IMHO would be to move the OCB series to the
upstream projects to do away with the branch duplication. Start out with
a copy of OpenERP 8.0 and have a custom replay process play all the
specific changes to OCB 7.0 atomically on OCB 8.0 for traceability. The
few conflicting branches should be revised manually.

That way we ease the maintenance work on OCB and lower the barrier to
contribute without raising another barrier by moving to a different
platform than upstream OpenERP. But we would have to ask Olivier Dony if
we can have project series for OCB 8.0 on the official projects.

Olivier, can we?

Cheers,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
web: http://therp.nl