Re: v8 OCB

Hello Stefan

Then eventually, in a pure Launchpad scenario, may be the easiest would be
have an automated replica of OCB v7 back into the main official project
(using automatic replay script that won't fail because it's just a replica
of OCB v7).

And then we could merge both from that OCB v7 replica in official project
AND from official v8. Merging from branches both inside the same official
project would make merging possible. If sticking to Launchpad I have the
intuition that this 2 step process would be easier to manage than trying to
mix replay from OCB v7 along with merge conflicts in just one step.

Alternatively, we could have an official v8 replica into the OCB project.
Again the idea is just to have a transparent 2 steps process instead of
just 1 step with both replay and merge.

Eventually people open to make the whole thing on Github can start explore
how feasible that would be. We could have a sprint about that during the
community days, but I'm afraid we should probably take action before about
future v8 (even if going trunk right now is probably suicidal outside from
OpenERP SA as Fabien himself mentioned).
Again, Github has the advantage of being project agnostic and merging
efficiently again no matter what. Had we OCB i18n, we would mirror a Github
branch on LP, get it translated via Rosetta and merge it back to the git
branch daily automatically, not a big deal either.

I know I'm a bit obsessed by that Github move. It's just that I know we
won't die by Launchpad because bzr/LP are dying. Eventually, the sooner we
make the move, the sooner we enjoy a decent productivity again even for
people without fiber Internet. And OCB can make the move letting OpenERP SA
move later at its own pace, we will eventually be able to upstream just as
efficiently as today (in any the case the bottleneck is not the upstreaming
process, but it's the merge of community upstream by OpenERP SA which is
still leaving hundreds of merge proposals un-reviewed).

Regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant