Re: v8 OCB

On 02/25/2014 12:43 AM, Raphael Valyi wrote:
> for several reasons, OCB and official v7 belong to different projects
> and cannot easily be merged due to Launchpad limitation with branches
> belonging to different projects. Hence the bzr replay bureaucracy that
> IMHO is still frightening many people from submitting their patches to
> OCB (in fact most people have just no clue what to do).

For what it's worth, I happened to be an example of what you suppose
here until yesterday. It's not the replay thing in itself (everybody can
manage to submit something twice), its more just knowing what the policy
says.

Maybe that's unfair, I'm sure it's written in different places, and I
knew I could find it, but the effort of -- just maybe -- have to dig in
long mail threads or dispersed information can be sometimes blocking for
some people.

On the other hand, Stefan could explain to me what to do in three lines.

Just 2 cents
--
Georges Racinet
Anybox SAS, http://anybox.fr