Re: OpenERP Marketing

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 6:12 AM, Thorsten Vocks <
thorsten.vocks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i am a bit confused that we are discussing OpenERP marketing strategy
> (indeed important issues for OpenERP SA and their partners) in the
> "community" maillist.
>
> Is it really the right place to discuss ?

Hello Thorsten,
It's not like it was us launching the thread about OpenERP marketing to
collect constructive feeddback...
And yes, marketing is a pretty large topic that is related to many aspects
of the company, the product and the eco-system.

I would also have been very keen discussing that on the partner list. But
since a few years it's moderated in a way these debates are not happening
anymore unfortunately and it turned into just an hygienic market place.

Even if facing the reality can be a little hard sometimes, not facing it is
much worse I think. Friends tell things that they think are wrong. I think
I'm also making comments on policies that had the opportunity to be tried a
few years already. We can now probably take a step back and ask us what was
right and what is wrong.

Also a few folks are reading the mailing list, you could think "ah that
will make a bad image, we cannot say this here". I would say folks here are
the one that have not been frightened by Launchpad look and feel, by the
tech discussions running here, so in any case they aren't the folks OpenERP
would pass any image they would like to build. And in any case the audience
of such kind of list is nowhere close to a website like OpenERP that should
probably make 10 000 visitors a day (guesstimation) I would say where they
have the opportunity pass the commercial message they want to the masses
instead (but it should probably be well grounded enough to produce the
wanted effects).

Regards

--
Raphaël Valyi