Re: What should I do with improvement proposals?

On 2014-03-06 21:57, Sandy Carter wrote:

most of the improvements (merge proposals) suffer from "not invented here" - following Antony's arguments , which I can partly understand. OpenERP seems to only accept patches for bugs and mostly no (often very necessary) enhancements. And what users perceive as bugs (whatever does not allow to accomplish their work) are classified as missing or nice to have features.

BTW I agree, not many "bugs" left, nevertheless 1000 modules needed to accomplish work.

Like, you most of my proposals to lp:~openerp are not reviewed and have not been despite months passing by and multiple emails.

I absolutely say propose it to 7.0, trunk and OCB.

The most feedback I get is from OCB reviews, which get dealt with or fixed and in turn increase the quality of my proposal to all three repos.

It gets more eyes on your patch, better reviews and the hope is if it accepted into ocb and doesn't cause any problems, ~openerp will also take it.

Just remember to link the same launchpad bug in the ocb MP and propose a patch to openerp as well.