Re: OpenERP web and v8 Website Builder - WEBSHOP

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Sven Petersen <s.petersen@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  What about fiscal positions (and rules) to automatically apply the right
> tax(es) in the v8 e-commerce solution?
>
> Will the community have to solve it or will this be in the standard?

IMHO it's pretty well solved by the fiscal-rules Launchpad project and we
can improve even for v8. I propose to use the web-context-tunnel OCA module
to avoid changing on_change signatures in v8.

I would prefer us encouraging OpenERP to focus on fixing their on bugs
rather than adding features superficially in the core, which often like
real world experience and just clutter the core and make it harder to
extend things properly later. Modules like mrp_repair which ignore RMA
basic needs is a perfect example of such bloating of the core.
I think asking for more features from OpenERP SA is really the wrong
message. Open source is usually focused and good at what it does, just like
the Unix philosophy and OpenERP isn't exactly so perfect on its core that
it can afford trying to grow its features set.

Regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant