Re: MRP

Hi all,

You can count us Numérigraphe in: we are implementing manufacturing orders in our factory this season, and hope to implement MRP and master procurement plan by year's end. We'll start implementing in v7.0 in May and some modules will fit an OCA project. I'll file blueprints early, and re-assign them to the project/team once it's created on LP.

Regarding OpenMRP, we have done a (very quick) tour of it, and found it very appealing - it has lots of important features. The reason we chose to not base our implementation on OpenMRP is it bypasses the standard modules altogether, and to my big regret the community is not large enough yet to sustain it. So it was risky for us to engage this way, but I assure you I'm sorry I had to make this choice. So yes Ana, I humbly suggest we should all try to extract the great features from OpenMRP and migrate them to v7-v9.

Regarding a possible rewrite of MRP in v9, it is capital to us that OpenERP SA shares their design very as early as possible in the process, so that we don't build modules that will be impossible to migrate. Having access to the specs early, being able to read the actual code, and Quentin being receptive to feedback were all decisive in the choices we have made this year. Being able to anticipate will make a big saving on our migration to v8. I dare say the feedback we provided did good to OpenERP SA too. With MRP it is even more important: warehouse is not the core business for many, but MRP is. Failing to adapt to an MRP rewrite will doom a factory's OpenERP project.

Lionel Sausin.