Re: Please keep blocking moves during inventory counting

On 2014-04-09 17:23, Lionel Sausin wrote:

Just an idea!!!

In our old wms, we forced an inventory count if the computed quantity of a product is 0 (zero) - because it's easy !!!!
obviously you do not have the described problem with blocking neither.
In Austria we are forced to count once a year minimum.
nevertheless we defined the number of inventory counts depending on the value of the products and classified these in A,B,C groups.
A - every month
B - every 3 month
C - once a year
this reduced the amount of work significantly
Dear Quentin,
I noticed you're improving inventories on trunk-wms and lifted the ban on stock moves when an inventory is in progress: https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/trunk-wms-inventory-refactoring-qdp This is fine from a technical point of view and will help those with large inventories: they can start working when the counting is done and enter the inventory later on. On the other hand it's also risky for them: they could start working when the counting is not finished.

Would you agree to add an intermediate state on inventories in which moves are still blocked (we called it "open" in our mdule stock-inventory-location")? This way the warehouse managers can effectively block the warehouse during the counting, release it ass soon as possible, and enter the inventory later still.
Lionel Sausin.