Re: About depreciation of audittrail. Survey.

Seriously man, I am a customer and a coder, I have a Enterprise License and
this kind of answers are not helping, as a customer I'm really
disappointed, you sell a service (Enterprise License) that includes
maintenance of a list of features, and you are going to simpluy throw them
away?, what are you going to do on the migration process form V7 to V8, are
you going to simply tell to current customers that new version does not
have older USEFUL features and that they have to pay more money to have
OpenERP working the way it was?, if you are going to migrate my DBs to work
the same/similar way with base_action_rules I have no problem at all, but
if you don't, please be more careful with your words.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Nhomar Hernández <nhomar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anthony,

> Sorry for being rude, my point here was simply that if somebody really
>> wants something it's probably easier to work on it than to convince someone
>> else to do it.
>>

> Yes you where rude, me too! just understand your vision and mine are so
> likely then when I complain is because i need the best for the project and
> OpenERP and we as company. don't worry about it.
>

>> For OpenERP Enterprise customers, our the migration service will find a
>> solution for a smooth upgrade path on specific basis. (most likely
>> base_action_rules). Maybe they will fix the module to make it work for v8.
>> But this will happen after june.
>>

> Ok, this is what I think we need to plan this migration to work for the
> future, can you point me with who I need to talk.
>
> Even, my initial point was that I think the end of the road will be
> audittrails like features (even with a new module re-using
> base_action_rule) this is my point.
>
> We administer several databases, and honestly our live without audittrail
> will be too difficult.
>
> Even, I was specting that you improve with more features audittrail in the
> re-write process like audit fields, access rules failures and so on.... but
> honestly I was really bad surprised with the total removal.
>

>> We decided to move auditail to extra (with other modules) as we think
>> they dont meet the quality standard for a long term release and we have
>> alternative solutions to the use case (althought not fully equivalent).
>> Auditrail in trunk is broken since 1 year and the only MP about it was made
>> by Stefan Rijnhart 2 years ago.
>>

> And you can sum several open bugs over it.
>
> Honestly, I don't know if you did it intentional, but who kill Audittrail
> was your self not the technical problems, with a low encourga to solve bugs
> and no answer on it people stop use it.
>

>> I want to close the merge window for v8 and we will merge wms this week
>> and new api next week (not sure 100% yet). So even if we fix auditrail it
>> will be later and the module wont be part of v8.
>>

> Understood
>

>> Sometime i have to decide to stop supporting bad code because it increase
>> the technical debt too much. It then becomes a nightmare for the openerp
>> enterprise team to support. It happened with the gtk client, and caldav in
>> v7.
>>

> Yes I understand your point (but I can not be agreed) you have a paid
> service, and it is mandatory IMHO have a plan of migration feature per
> feature inmediatly a customer ask for it.
>
> You can not defend the "leak" of feature as little important directly
> without try to offer solutions on your side.
>
> I mean, taking this case as an example, you leak of 5 or 6 features to
> complay with everything, why not just do it instead discredit our PoV as
> "Community" and as "Customers" (at least it was my feeling).
>

>> If i'm wrong, thanks to the open source nature of openerp, then i'm sure
> [...]

Ing. Oscar Alcalá Rivera
*312-107-1704* · oszckar@xxxxxxxxx <ozckar@xxxxxxxxx>

Vauxoo SA
Tlf: *3123111122*

*Open Source Enthusiast*

*LinuxCounter:**566085*
     [image: twitter] <http://twitter.com/oscarolar> [image:
linkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/oscar-alcal%C3%A1/3b/a79/922>
   [image: Google+] <http://plus.google.com/107659954580035981067/posts>

[image: eco] No me imprimas si no es necesario. Protejamos el medio ambiente