Re: OCA LP Project migration to Github

OCA must eventually become a large code-base (linux-size large would
not surprise me): does it help if we spread it all over the place?

I'm counting around 50 OCA repos.
Personally, I'm interested in only about 5 of them.
I would prefer avoiding the notifications on the modules of the other 45
repos.

If you really want to, getting all OCA modules is at the reach of a  bash
or python script.
Maybe git submodules make a nice trick for that, but in the end it's
perfectly doable without any Git magic.
A community maintained list like this one would make that simple:
https://github.com/openerpapps/openerpapps.github.io/blob/master/sources/oca.list

Git wizards say it's easy to rebase the subtrees' staged unpulled
remote into the master out-of-index sub-ether-spacial workflow, but
for the rest of us, I beg you to make it simple.

Moving to git and GitHub won't be easy for 98% of us.
  Workflows will be very different.
  So yes, let's keep it as simple as possible.

  Having GitHub as the reference only for 8.0 onward is a good step in that
direccion:
  It will allow everyone to adapt at their own pace.
  Remember that current proposals is that code <= 7.0 keeps LP as the
reference (possibly keeping GH in sync).
  So nothing would change there.

  Regards
  /DR

PS: Just out of curiosity, this is thecurrent OCA repo name list  though
some repos are empty):
account-analytic
account-budgeting
account-closing