Re: How will price per user really work?

> Open Source is not about the licence fees, you go down the proprietary
> path for that.  We want to provide a solution that is free from the
> proprietary fees that limits the number of people or the way that they can
> use the software.

Well.

This statement is not true.

Our main complain is not the fact of have a fee user/based is more a fact
of have a public unpayable fee.

We need to be care abour our statements, when we sell our services over a
platform done by others is "easy" confuse it.

Your definition is the definition of "FreeWare" or "Free Software"

We are talking here about "Access to the code" which IS a customer value.

 I can't imagine that we'd be overly keen on going with that new
> partnership/costing model, thankfully as it is open source we can still
> use it for ourselves and clients, make changes and contribute those
> changes back to the community.

Well this is the no lock-in part but is difficult get a software and a
brand that cost 20 millions build and use freely this statements.

IMHO customers deserve a good product with a good service, what WE complain
is that the new public price is un-payable which have a total different
means "Free of charge per user".

Regards.

--
--------------------