Best Practices coded into Vagrant, Ansible and Docker

*Regarded Contributers*

 I throw in another idea. As provisioning of Odoo is a *big* hassle for
linux occationalists, some many lot of people might be prevented from
catching in to walk the hermeneutic cycles until reaching some level of
proficiency and grow into a valuable contributor.

I don't mean the server side contributors, who really know about that
stuff, I mean the proper product side of the coin, the one that helps
businesses doing things better.

I think server questions should be abstracted in a way in order to not to
lose contributer base due to early frustration. I think also, there should
be a converging set of pest practices shared and reviewed by the community
to help safe everyones time (and nerves!)

I would suggest some combination of vagrant (for abstracting the creation
of VMs) quite nicely and ansible plabooks.

Ansible is just so human readable. (that's cool if the goal would be, that
others understand it)
I think some commented code could even replace an entire documentation
about installing, blending human- and machine readble docs into one single
maintainded playbook.

I think a real value could evolve if the community would converge towards a
single master-playbook as the modus of sharing knowledge about provisioning
in its various variants. Together with vagrant or generally VMs / VEs the
environment could be entirely controlled, so my educated guess is that less
peolpe around the wolrd would get frustrated at very unnecessary stages in
their contributers life cycle.

Another thing, which is true for ansible. If there are no docs, just
human-readable playbooks, it would be an ideal entrypoint for every
experimenter to familiarazie with sourcecode layer of community work, which
imho is always a good thing, either to start contributing or to stop asking
questions that don't respect the 24h/d-constraint of some knowledgable
ones...

I hope, I've provoked your two cents, please.

I'm the kind of person who wasn't quite able to solve my own problem, but
still I tried: https://github.com/odoo-colombia/Odoo-VagrantUp

More cool work done on this: https://github.com/tinyerp/odoo-docker - these
dockers are so fabolously instant coffee and very polite to your system
resources...

*Freundliche Grüsse*

*David Arnold B.A. HSG*
*Gerente*

+57 315 304 1368
david@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.elaleman.co

​El Alemán S.A.S, Carrera 13 # 93 - 40 P4, Bogotá D.C, Colombia

Follow ups