Re: Multiple fiscal positions on partners

Hello David,

double check but this OCA project may help you:
https://launchpad.net/openerp-fiscal-rules
And this is how we override it for Brazil for instance:
https://github.com/openerpbrasil/l10n_br_core/blob/develop/l10n_br_account/account_fiscal_position_rule.py

as far as I know this is also used in international commerce in Europe, in
Canada and may be Italy or Spain.

The idea is that the partner don't carry the fiscal position anymore
exactly but instead we have that extensible intermediary flat decision
table that will determine, depending on many extensible parameters
(countries, states, fiscal types etc..) which fiscal position will apply
exactly. That table can be large eventually.

I think there is room to improve thee compatibility of these module for v8
using the new OCA web_context_tunnel module to avoid creating signature
incompatibilities with existing on_changes until the new API will be used
everywhere in the addons (probably v9 only).

Please let us know if these modules can help you.

Regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant