Re: Suggestion, Idea for OpenerUpgrade project

Hy Folks,

I'm using all the pentaho stuff with openerp :
- Pentaho Reports for OpenERP
- Pentaho Kettle for data integration

I've recently merged 4 companies coming from 4 different databases with no id export into a single openerp database with multi company environment. I precise also that Kettle could also be launch through CLI. I design with the UI and deploy it on my server and launch it with cron. I also precise that Kettle could launch any script even python, access to the openerp API thanks to the awesome project : https://github.com/DeBortoliWines/openerp-java-api

Frequently my coworkers are wanting to create kettle export instead of coding python. I always refuse this for many reasons :
- The closer you are from the core the better you are to debug
- The lower number of tools your working with the mighter your are when you're working on it - The lower number of workflows you have to manage, the easier to disgest is your spaghetti dish !
- The "new fun" tool is not always the answer
- A UI oftently hide the complexity of a task

So maybe kettle could be a great help for cleaning datas before upgrading but I don't think that would be a great idea to use it for OpenUpgrade as a single answer.

Regards