Re: Buildout recipe nearing release, needs test, and odoo

*Hello Georges*

I'd like to make a suggestion for medium term plans.

Probably after due analysis you might find, that some things that you are
handling in the anybox reciptes in a rather coustom build manner, could be
easily and effectively abstracted (and maintainance outsurced) to another
provisioning standard, such as *ansible <http://www.ansible.com/home>*.

I acknowledge path dependencies as a valid actuation pattern, but I kindly
ask for effective and unbiased processing and analysis of this suggestion.

As main long-term advantage, I see YAML readability, for both developers
and newcomers, so a well commented code would probably make efforts such as
http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2012/12/how-to-install-openerp-7-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/
and many more optional.
It could equally and very flexibly serve the needs of entire and complex
project setups du tu it's inherent plub-and-play paradigm.
There are many playbooks out there for common subtasks (If 'm right, that's
what you call subfactories) such as setting up ngnx and unicorn, ntp
server, set up hardened linux, etc...

Here
<https://github.com/odoo-colombia/provisioning/blob/master/vagrant-ubuntu-ansible/ansible_odoo/roles/odoo/tasks/odoo.yml>
is an example of the odoo-playbook, which throws up a simple dev-instance.
Not concluding, this is a beautiful unficiation of the two (until now
seperate) concepts of code and documentation, wouldn't be understandable by
many. I think what we do here
<https://github.com/odoo-colombia/provisioning/tree/master/vagrant-ubuntu-ansible>
is not the intention to found a competing framework, but an attempt to get
something working, draw momentum and influence joint decision making
towards a unified approache. Please keep that in mind while evaluating.

Please analyze and draw youre conclusion, I hope on the long run, the
community will always opt for the best solutions available.

*Best,* David

*David Arnold B.A. HSG*
*Gerente*

+57 315 304 1368
david@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.elaleman.co

​El Alemán S.A.S, Carrera 13 # 93 - 40 P4, Bogotá D.C, Colombia