Re: Doubts about how to procced on testing OCA project modules for Odoo

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Alejandro Santana <
alejandrosantana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Christian.
>
> I think you missunderstood Ana.
> She is already testing "official" odoo repo. But she wants to know about
> testing the different OCA projects (which are not in GitHub yet).
> As the usual thing to do would be copying a project v7 branch into a v8
> branch, and start testing its modules with the last official odoo, fixing
> once at a time and till tests verify it works with last official odoo
> version.
> So she asks if it would be wise to wait till official "stable" odoo
> release (2014.07.07), just in case some things change in core. Or maybe it
> is already a good time to start testing those OCA branches... and how to
> proceed so everyone knows which modules have been tested with v8 (and
> fixed, if needed).
> That is why I suggest the "__unported__" folder within each project for
> the v8-unverified-modules.

Thanks Alejandro !

In that way, i recommend  migrate repo needed to github if its OCA branch,
great ! , work on master branch (trunk in bzr), this will avoid copy &
paste to work.

in git if you has a repo with 7.0 branch stable you can

git checkout master

and start the work to support 8.0 then checkout -b 8.0 and get the cycle
development so clear and fast.

Git fashion consider master branch as under development.

About risk of changes in core, IMO could be happen but it gives a good
feedback and knowhow about core.

:-)