Re: OCA: transition from Launchpad to Github

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Leonardo Pistone
<leonardo.pistone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am still convinced it would be somewhat less painful to have 6.1 and
> 7.0 in github, too.
>
> Existing MPs scare me less, since it's a one-time problem, and it's
> easy to spread the work: each person can take care to duplicate their
> own MPs to github, so there is no enormous task or management needed.
>
> On the other hand, we will continue to work on 7.0 on a long time, and
> having all versions of the module on the same system, especially if
> that system is git that handles multiple branches much more easily
> that bzr, would make IMO our life much easier.
>
> As an example, I imagine myself a year from now working in a module on
> v8, and then backporting the same thing to v7. With two systems, that
> will be a pain, whereas with git, a simple checkout/rebase should do
> the trick. On the other hand, the few open MPs each one has can be
> handled in an afternoon and be dealt with forever.
>
> Whatever decision is taken I'm happy to help.
>
> Thanks to all for the hard work!

I start to have the same feeling. I'm also thinking about the reviews.
Doing them on 2 platforms, with different tools would not help, I even
fear that reviewers / committers would slowly forsake the launchpad
merge proposals as the time passes due to the hard feeling they have
regarding launchpad vs github and their easiness of review.