Re: Issue Trend Monitoring :: Community Governance :: Benchmarking

Hi nhomar,

the point is a very successful management technic called benchmarking.
Wikipedia can explain this better.
But the bottom line is, that visualisation (that's why beauty is important)
and visualized comparation is capable of generating tacit motivaton without
the need to say or express something in addition to the benchmark.
Furthermore it creates common references, which gain momentum & validity in
function of their psychological 'easiness'. (again why beauty matters)

This all does it's magic quite tacitly, that's probably why it's not that
easy to graps. The foundations entirely lie in the realm of psychology and
managerial system dynamics.

However it's one of the more effective management techniques - that don't
need necesarily a boss...
Kind of the same idea of the odoo gamification stuff.

Think of shorting a feedback cycle until it is entirely incorporated into
the brain of the one you want to give feedback to.

Cordialmente, David