Re: Issue Trend Monitoring :: Community Governance :: Benchmarking

I don't understand exactly what is the point David?.

FYI, we had this kind of info available from launchpad
<https://docs.google.com/a/openerp.com.ve/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al2dk8YmCgI0dDRRMnVwX3JKTUpuS3V2NW13RF9EVXc&usp=drive_web#gid=66>
(not as "cool" as github) but we had it.

> *Hi*
>
> if we compare the statistics in odoo on issue categorizing and issue
> resolution compared to other high volume projects, a benchmark
> automatically might come to our mind.
>
> I'm personally not able to set something up, but I want to drop this, in
> order to strategically help crafting a healthy system dynamic between
> contributers and publisher.
>
> I found something here:
> https://github.com/StephenOTT/GitHub-Analytics
>
> I'm confident the publisher would agree, to host a community benchmark
> against the publisher repos. This might rise stress levels and quality
> equally. I think odoo has changed name and moved to github, also, to
> become something better...
>
> However the community, which obviously is also very serious about it's
> work, could implement such kind of statistics and occasionally benchmarks.
>
> *References:*
> https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pulse/monthly
> vs.
> https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pulse/monthly
> or
> https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/pulse/monthly
>
> (look at number of forks, people, who merged and relation between open and
> closed issues, see also total issues to open issues ratio on the issues
> page)
>
> As a wise decision maker, I would look at such statistics as shortcutting
> much unavailable information about the real project dynamics.
>
> *Best* David

--------------------
Saludos Cordiales

Nhomar G. Hernandez M.