Re: OCA: transition from Launchpad to Github

On 06/26/2014 09:15 AM, Stefan wrote:
> On 25-06-14 16:36, Guewen Baconnier wrote:
>> I'm currently copying all the branches to the OCA repositories [0] with
>> this script:
>> https://github.com/OCA/maintainers-tools/blob/copy-branches/tools/copy_branches.py
>>
>> It can be launched again to pull the changes from Launchpad, so we'll be
>> able to sync them before the switch.
>>
>> Meantime, please do not commit anything on the github branches!
>> (concerns the committers).
>
> Hi Guewen,
>
> Marvellous, thanks for your work and for the update! I think the
> migration to Git is a good opportunity to join the account-banking and
> bank-statement-reconcile projects. Can we bend the procedure to do this,
> or would it be better to wait until setting up the 8.0 branches?
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan.

Hi Stefan,

That's a good opportunity of course, but it seems to me that a
one-to-one migration first then a reconciliation after the switch will
be easier, since the one-to-one migration of branches is automatic and
the pull Launchpad→GitHub can be done several times. But if you want, I
can remove these branches from the mapping file
(https://github.com/OCA/maintainers-tools/blob/master/tools/branches.yaml)
so they can be treated manually.

See you,

PS. repos are here:
 * https://github.com/OCA/banking-addons
 * https://github.com/OCA/bank-statement-reconcile
I refresh them from time to time before the switch

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer

Camptocamp SA