Re: new api, v8 release

> So I would say, please let's don't be dogmatic about a release date. It's
> bad to be 6 months late on release schedule (as it was for v7 initially
> announced much earlier), but it's much better to be a little late and have
> early adopter test deeply and report bugs and contribute fixes before
> freezing things for 18 months. So please no pressure to release exactly on
> date. Some good complex projects do 6 RC's before declaring something
> stable and there is no magic, unless you have a test coverage of 100% with
> very clear specifications (which we don't have), it's about the only way to
> have something both "stable" and usable for later.

Agreed 100% with Raph.

- This release can be seen as "RC-2" for v8.0 (the merge of new API).
- I hope we can test the new API too making some migrations of our own
modules to avoid what we live in v5 (do you remember, bad views parsing,
incomplete orm, slow property fields and so on?, new incomplete fetures).

Then KUDOS for thsi pre-release, and for the tag for us it is excellent (at
least for me) ;-)

Regards.

--
--------------------