Re: Webkit Reports future...

On 21/09/2014 17:02, Lionel Sausin wrote:
> Hi,
> The situation here is :
> - merge proposal for report_webkit have been ignored by the R&D team
> until after 7.0
> - R&D now accepts pull requests more willingly, but 8.0 is frozen so
> no feature will go in
> - pull requests for master will also be refused because report_wekbit
> is removed
> - OCA's backport branch "OCB" won't help us either because, since the
> features are refused in master, they would not be "backports" but new
> features.

I've thought about this a bit more, and I think, given the nature of the
changes which are mentioned in the 2 original PR, this could make it to
OCB. The rules are a bit hazy here, and certainly less strict than the
ones in official odoo. We do have some changes in there which were later
rejected in official...

I suggest you push a PR on the OCB branches, where they will be examined
and discussed (and eventually accepted or rejected). It will certainly
cost less than maintaining your own fork.

--
Alexandre Fayolle
Chef de Projet

Camptocamp France SAS