Re: Suggestion for OCA conventions

Hi,
Please let me object to this new rule, which I find wrong in several ways.
I'm very attached to separation of concerns, and I would much rather have us use the files to group all the code that implements a feature. Actually, I often prefer to split a class in several files if that makes sense from a functional point of view. This is also literally counter-productive, since a decent IDE will let you easily skim the classes inside a file anyway, but won't help us spread the classes in distinct files. Finally, any rule we may add raises the barrier of entry for new contributions, and as much as I agree that we should have very high standards of quality and maintainability, I find this rule totally useless to this aim.
Lionel.