Re: OCA Code Sprint

Dear contributors,

My opinion on the topic. We got I think 3 ways to deal with that:

1) The one explained : bundle is a service product with price and margin.
Bundle's components are other SO lines with stockable products and price 0.

2) You have only the components as SO lines, but then you can't compute
margin correctly.

3) You put only the bundled product in SO lines with a Bom, then go through
OF to deliver the product even if it is not a "real" manufacturing step
sometimes. The margin is computed from the bom with this module :
https://github.com/OCA/margin-analysis/tree/8.0/__unported__/product_cost_incl_bom

I vote for 1) because:

 * It is simple, you handle bundle in magento (I mean to build them).

 * Odoo only knows about what he has to, no big configuration, only stocks,
logistics and financial infos here in Odoo.

 * As bundle may be different from one purchase to another, 3) is not good
in most cases (or would need lot's of devs to have one bom per order)

 * Computing the margin can be done like Markus say or another idea would
be to build a module on top of
https://github.com/OCA/margin-analysis/blob/8.0/__unported__/product_historical_margin/__openerp__.py
to implement Markus's computation the same way (my preference here, we need
to be compatible with existing OCA code base)

 * When invoice is based on delivery, it'll work well (component lines are
0, bundle the sale price)

 * The logistic manage the components and that's what we want

But for that, we need Magento  to give one line per components + on line
for the bundle. The customer also see all the lines in SO, Invoice etc..
But that's a minor issue.

What do you think ? Can we add the correct behavior in the Magento
connector side (I mean giving one line for bundle, one line per component) ?

Regards,

Joël