Re: Review of sprint 24-25, plan for 26-27

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Xavier Morel <xmo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2010-06-30, at 07:38 , Amit Mendapara wrote:
> > Yesterday, I have tested trunk-dev branch and found several major issues
> > with design. In my opinion the layout should be improved with some layout
> > library (q juqery layout plugin). The accordion should be replaced with
> > jquery accordion widget and the notebook widget should be replaced with
> > scrollable jquery tabs.
> >
> > http://jqueryui.com/
> Probably a good idea. How long do you estimate that would take?

Replacing accordion widget might take about 8 hours or so.

> > http://jquery.aamirafridi.com/jst/
> > <http://jquery.aamirafridi.com/jst/>http://layout.jquery-dev.net/
> Not so sure about the way this one handles scrolling through tabs, left and
> right arrows go to next/previous tab instead of next/previous page of tabs.
> I haven't seen anything about it being configurable, is it? Also seems
> pretty slow when lots of tabs (and scrolling fast through them). Otherwise
> looks good.

I haven't tested the tab widget myself but I think we can easily adapt it
per out requirements as we can easily extend jquery  widgets by implementing
plugins.

The layout plugin should be used for vertical splitter between menu
accordion and view area. If height of view area is more then accordion menu
the whole layout looks bad.

> > For discussions, it is better to talk on jabber chat room then irc. I
> also
> > recommend google wave if jabber chat room can't be configured.
> >
> Never used Wave, so I didn't really think of it. Tried Campfire, but free
> version is only 4 persons (which is sad as it looks fast and simple), so as
> I said in previous mail, trying out IRC for now.

Okay, we'll use IRC then, or what about Skype?

Regards
--
Amit