Re: Trouble with accuracy and currency handling in the invoice process

Hello,

Ferdinand, I am agree with you that we should have 2 possibilities :

1) new entry for write off
2) modification of one entry => but not the total entry line because if we
do that, we will still have the problem with the reconciliation because it
will calculate base on the total in currency and will have a diference => we
should modify one of the entry but not the total.

I have look after other ERP (Ms Axapta) and it seams that the first solution
is done.

For my point of view we should put in place the solution 1 and add into the
company a new paramter "Default currency write off" for this special
currency write-off entry.

This "default currency write-off" account will also be used when we will put
in place the automatic write-off calculation on reconciliation if the
currency rate hase changed (difference between invoice and reconciliation
rate).

What is the accounting expert position ? It is really a BIG problem and it
should be solved for the next version too !

Regards

Luc Maurer