Computing residual amount and write-off

Hello everyone,

I'm looking on this bug on LP :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/511104

To summarize it :

You make different partial payment, on different date and rate in different currency, on a foreign currency invoice (Full test case in the bug report).

How should we handle the write-off when making the last payment of the residual amount ?

1. Do we write the write-off line amount in currency or not ?

2. If we do, which date should we take for the conversion ?

I think, because it's a write-off, we don't have to provide a currency and an amount in currency. Just the debit/credit write-off is enough.

But, if we do, then the rate date to use should be the same as the full payment date...

Do you guys agree on that, cause I'm not sure...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

--

Joël Grand-Guillaume