Sign of liabilities on reports

Hello,

An accountant asked me if it was possible to reverse the sign of the balance
of liabilities on reports. This looks like a standard requirement but the
functionality seems to be missing from OpenERP. There is a sign reversal field
on Account Types that could be used to define which accounts' balance should be
reversed on reports but no code uses it.

My idea is to have a field like 'balance_with_sign' next to the normal
'balance' field on account.account that would use the Account Type's setting
for the sign. Some reports would be modified to use this field instead of the
normal 'balance'.

What is the opinion of the experts on this list?

Regards,
Gábor Dukai

Follow ups