Re: Your opinion is needed to come to a solution for a bug in refund invoices

To avoid miscommunication about the problem, we are not talking about the price mentioned on the refund invoice which is correct, but about the price taken by the system for the expense account (or in case of account_anglo_saxon the cost of sale price when refunding a product) That's the internal price that is accounted for the costing side of the product, not the profit side which is accounted correctly. Please see the reproduction steps into the bugtracker.

Cloves Almeida schreef:
For refunds, I don't think you should recalculate return price based on quantity, better just to use averages. If a customer is "gaming the system" by issuing too many refunds just to benefit from the volume discount, IMO you have a sales problem, not an accounting one :)

Parthiv Patel escreveu:
Hi,

    I have just been through this issue. IMHO is that for refund
    invoice we can keep the association with Customer / Supplier
    Invoice, and from that invoice, we can get the invoice lines and
    from those line we can get the prices. We need to maintain list of
    refunds for the same invoice.

    But again even in this case, if product prices are calculated
    based on qty (for example : for 1 product $5, for 2 price is $8,)
    then at the time of return of 1 product either recalculation has
    to be done for refund or manual intervation is needed . which i
    think will lead to same situation.

    The second solution can be a date based price list maintenance.
    Instead of changing the values directly in price list. One must
    create the new price list to avoid such conflicts.

    I would also looking forward for views of other accounting experts
    for the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Parthiv