Re: stock accounting - hide salesand/orinternal price for certain users

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ferdinand Gassauer" <office@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <openerp-expert-accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Openerp-expert-accounting] stock accounting - hide salesand/orinternal price for certain users

On Thursday 01 April 2010 22:07:53 Grzegorz Grzelak wrote:
I also faced this problem in PL companies. I met purchase managers which
don't want warehouse workers to know the purchase prices.

But I see that it is a problem with hiding purchase prices in OpenERP now
when you use Average Price. Worker which make picking has to enter these
prices during validating Incoming goods picking. Otherwise system desn't
know what price should be applied. Only Standard Price allows it.

In PL companies and local system works with FIFO costings which allows to
pick imcoming moves with no price and apply purchase price (as cost) yet
when invoice arrives. Then the prices are apllied to all lots (properly
marked by timestamp lot) even if they are in other locations, consumed in
production or already sold. All accounting moves are created as usual but
suppressed for such cost establishing. I write it just to mention how
Purchase price can be hidden for warehouse worker and set later on from
invoice.
Does it mean that you have already such a module ?

No, I don't I am just thinking about blueprint for that. But creating consistent blueprint will take some time. I took a look at FIFO module from Thai localization. But I saw that that FIFO doesn't work as I wrote. That FIFO is kept only in accounting modules. It could be good to satisfy accountants when warehouse workers hate to look for lot required by system.

I have just mentioned about it because I saw you asked for different average price for different locations. Such requirement is very close to FIFO. So I think we will go toward such solution anyway.

Some additional thoughts
distinguish between incoming / outgoing products [cut]

Yes, it is very difficult to hide prices because of organizational reason. So lets do only what is easy.
GG.