Re: [account_asset] improvement indications needed

GG,

I can't speak on the legislation but IIRC, depreciation is an ongoing expense and, by accrual principal, it should be calculated as often as possible.

One important thing, though, is the possibility to reevaluate an asset according to market pricesand re-base the depreciation to that value instead of the original purchasing price.

Grzegorz Grzelak (Cirrus.pl) escreveu:
Hello I am working on account_asset improvement. I am rather rewriting
it. It should be ready in one month for stable extra. Specification is
mainly in:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+spec/fixed-assets

and relevant bug report.

I have a big doubt about Time method.

Question 1. Please answer if any country uses depreciation intervals
like 12, 6, 3 or 2 month not synchronizing them with end of year? I
mean: Is the country where you buy asset in September 2010, you choose
depreciation interval one year or half year and depreciation posting is
made in September 2011 or in March 2011?

I see in english accounting guides (only I can read) that it is like in
PL that even if you choose year or half year depreciation first
depreciation posting is made in last period of the year (December or 4
quarter). It seems it should be common.

Question 2. I don't seem but: Is any country where depreciation
calculation starts from different period than next to purchase period? I
mean maybe not from next period but from the same period as purchase
period or starts from exact date of purchase (production etc.).

All the best.
GG.