Re: cash book / petty cash

Am Donnerstag 08 April 2010 16:53:52 schrieb Alain Rivet:
> Hallo,
>
> Yes petty cash is "caisse espèces" in French.
Thanks - good to know :-)

>Usually we need one account for one petty cash unit and we should be able to
>use a different petty cash unit for each currency but also for post stemps
>or fiscal stemps, ...
Exactly !!!

I think I have got a good idea what is needed, I'll give it a try

I just add here the mail exchange with the original author

*****************************
Yes I think it would be better to make a general module out of it.
We included it in the Thai accounting module because that module
implements various things Thai customers require and are not found in
the default modules.
The first thing to do would be to review the module and check that it
meets your requirements, i am sure there is some room for improvement.

Thanks,
--
David Janssens
Almacom (Thailand) Ltd.

*****************************
thanks, I have seen this and I'll give it a try shortly
I will isolate the pc_xxxx tables and forms from the ac_account_thai module
and put it into account_petty_cash which can be included then into base if you
agree

*****************************
Actually, i think maybe it would be better to reuse the purchase.order
order instead of using a separate pc.payment object.
(and put a flag "petty cash payment" in the PO)
But i didn't have time to think further about this.
*****************************
> Another thing is that currently the module generates an internal invoice
> for each petty cash replenishment. (which can refund many petty cash
> payments and is paid to the responsible of the petty cash fund)
> After that a payment voucher is created to pay for the internal invoice.
> I am not 100% sure that this is the proper procedure to handle petty
> cash, but it generates the correct journal entries.

I'll look into it, but I think we have to distinguish the following cases
* cash in/out from/to the main cash/bank account or an intermediate account
* customer invoices
* supplier invoices

--
Best Regards

ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
http://www.chricar.at/ChriCar/index.html
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer
Official Tiny Partner