Re: Closing of fiscal year, draft and valid move_lines - some more thoughts about special periods

Ferdinand Gassauer escribió:
currently there is only ONE field "special" in account_period

IMHO for sowing accounting data in a "usual" way we need
* opening balance
* current debit/credit
* ending balance (without closing)
regardless if the fy is closed or not

to achieve this I propose 2 separate fields in account_period
* special_open
* special_close

this would allow a very easy way to extend the standard query to deliver all usually needed fields especially also ending balance with and without closing - which is necessary to print balance reports also after closing.

Ferdinand, what we did on the Spanish localization was assuming that a "special" period at the begining of the year is an opening period, and that a special period at the end of the year is a closing one:

   * period.special and period.date_start ==
     period.fiscalyear_id.date_start and period.date_stop ==
     period.fiscalyear_id.date_start => Opening period
   * period.special and period.date_start ==
     period.fiscalyear_id.date_stop and period.date_stop ==
     period.fiscalyear_id.date_stop => Closing period

Maybe as a compromise, to be backwards compatible in 5.0, we could implement special_open and special_close as function fields (with store).

--
Borja López Soilán
borjals@xxxxxxxxx

Pexego Sistemas Informáticos S.L.
Avenida de Magoi 66 - 27002 Lugo (España)
Tel./Fax 982801517
http://www.pexego.es