Re: Closing of fiscal year, draft and valid move_lines - some more thoughts about special periods

Am Montag 26 April 2010 09:56:13 schrieb Borja López Soilán (Pexego):
> Ferdinand Gassauer escribió:
> > currently there is only ONE field "special" in account_period
> >
> > IMHO for sowing accounting data in a "usual" way we need
> > * opening balance
> > * current debit/credit
> > * ending balance (without closing)
> > regardless if the fy is closed or not
> >
> > to achieve this I propose 2 separate fields in account_period
> > * special_open
> > * special_close
> >
> > this would allow a very easy way to extend the standard query to deliver
> > all usually needed fields
> > especially also ending balance with and without closing - which is
> > necessary to print balance reports also after closing.
>
> Ferdinand, what we did on the Spanish localization was assuming that a
> "special" period at the begining of the year is an opening period, and
> that a special period at the end of the year is a closing one:
>
>     * period.special and period.date_start ==
>       period.fiscalyear_id.date_start and period.date_stop ==
>       period.fiscalyear_id.date_start => Opening period
>     * period.special and period.date_start ==
>       period.fiscalyear_id.date_stop and period.date_stop ==
>       period.fiscalyear_id.date_stop => Closing period
>

> Maybe as a compromise, to be backwards compatible in 5.0, we could
> implement special_open and special_close as function fields (with store).

Yes I think this is a way to go until the wizard is adapted.

The "special" period might also have another use for merging and splitting
companies.

So in the long run we need
* special_open and special_close to handle the fiscal year issues

* special to allow to include/exclude certain periods holding data from
mergers and split

other way to go is to use special journals for this and to include/exclude
these - which seems to be more flexible, but also needs an extension of the
printing wizard(s)

@Joël - as you are concerned about the reports please comment
see also stable_5.0-extra-addons/account_financial_report
and the suggested patches in this thread.
--
Best Regards

ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
http://www.chricar.at/ChriCar/index.html
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer
Official Tiny Partner