Re: Reverse accounting entries cancelling invoices

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM, "Borja López Soilán (Pexego)" <
borjals@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Ovnicraft wrote:
>
>  In the revno 4776 Fabien merged from addons3 changes in refunding
> invoices but is not a clear process, when select cancel in filter_refund
> field Cancel option also create a Refund document, but in accounting when
> cancel a document is not created other to 'refund' i think this is a bad
> practice to cancel invoice document.
>
> I hope an explanation for this changes from OpenERP SA
>

> I'm not sure I really understood you, but as reference...
>

> I think that we need both refunds and cancellations, the first option is a
> legal requirement (at least in Spain), the second one is an usability need.
>
> Examples:
>
>    - Refund: I create a customer invoice, I confirm it and then send it to
>    my customer. Some days latter my customer notices that the tax is incorrect.
>    Now I'm required (in Spain) to either create a new invoice with the
>    difference between the original and the expected values, or create an
>    invoice refunding the whole original invoice + a new invoice with the
>    expected values.
>
>     - Need of cancellation: I create an invoice for one customer, I
>    confirm and print it. When it's printed I notice that I used the wrong tax.
>    As I haven't sent the invoice, I'm legally allowed to alter that invoice, so
>    I need to cancel it to be able to edit it (cancel, then set to draft)
>    without creating a refund.

Exactly is what i say the cancel process don't need create a refund
document, if you test trunk cancel button create a refund.
I say cancellation is wrong creating a refund.

Regards,

--
Cristian Salamea
@ovnicraft