Re: Reverse accounting entries cancelling invoices

@Borja. - @ovnicraft

IMHO -- I'm not agree, in several countries (Venezuela is one.) cancel
proccess _must_ create a refund BTW, it creates a draft document, don't you
think is easiest delete a draft document (refund that you will not use) than
make a separate module for this very commun feature?? .

Regards...

2010/8/27 Ovnicraft <ovnicraft@xxxxxxxxx>

> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM, "Borja López Soilán (Pexego)" <
> borjals@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  Ovnicraft wrote:
>>
>>  In the revno 4776 Fabien merged from addons3 changes in refunding
>> invoices but is not a clear process, when select cancel in filter_refund
>> field Cancel option also create a Refund document, but in accounting when
>> cancel a document is not created other to 'refund' i think this is a bad
>> practice to cancel invoice document.
>>
>> I hope an explanation for this changes from OpenERP SA
>>

>> I'm not sure I really understood you, but as reference...
>>

>> I think that we need both refunds and cancellations, the first option is a
>> legal requirement (at least in Spain), the second one is an usability need.
>>
>> Examples:
>>
>>    - Refund: I create a customer invoice, I confirm it and then send it
>>    to my customer. Some days latter my customer notices that the tax is
>>    incorrect. Now I'm required (in Spain) to either create a new invoice with
>>    the difference between the original and the expected values, or create an
>>    invoice refunding the whole original invoice + a new invoice with the
>>    expected values.
>>
>>     - Need of cancellation: I create an invoice for one customer, I
>>    confirm and print it. When it's printed I notice that I used the wrong tax.
>>    As I haven't sent the invoice, I'm legally allowed to alter that invoice, so
>>    I need to cancel it to be able to edit it (cancel, then set to draft)
>>    without creating a refund.
>>

> Exactly is what i say the cancel process don't need create a refund
> document, if you test trunk cancel button create a refund.
> I say cancellation is wrong creating a refund.
>
> Regards,
>

>> --
>> Borja López Soilánborjals@xxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Pexego Sistemas Informáticos S.L.
>> Avenida de Magoi 66 - 27002 Lugo (España)
>> Tel./Fax 982801517http://www.pexego.es
>>

>> AVISO LEGAL - CLÁUSULA DE PRIVACIDAD
>> Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es usted el destinatario indicado, queda informado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.
>>

> --
> Cristian Salamea
> @ovnicraft

Saludos Cordiales