Re: account_payment, account_payment_extension: are you using it, refactoring?

Guys,

my analysis so far is that account_voucher doesn't close the gap for
account_payment: we can't use account_voucher instead of account_payment for
electronic batch payment processing unless account_voucher is heavily
refactored.
Do you share that analysis? For us it's important to know on which module we
should base the Brazilian "boleto" payment system, so unless the OpenERP
says they want account_voucher to fix the following issues/accept community
merges:
http://openerp-expert-accounting.71625.n3.nabble.com/account-payment-account-payment-extension-are-you-using-it-refactoring-tt1397685.html#a1452810
<http://openerp-expert-accounting.71625.n3.nabble.com/account-payment-account-payment-extension-are-you-using-it-refactoring-tt1397685.html#a1452810>Then
we go for account_payment.

Then, as I said, for us it's risky/costly to rely on account_payment
extension or even sale_payment because we don't need all of their feature
and have some fear to assum porting them to v6 alone.
So instead, what we will do is:

- take everything that is good for us from account_payment_extension and
sale_payment and copy/paste it/migrate it to v6 in the l10n_br_boleto module
(to be built).
That way, eventually if account_payment_extension* is properly ported to
V6/refactored, then we could easily rely on them.
- propose everything that make sense to merge into the official
account_payment module (like ability to works both for sale and purchase,
extension points).
If OpenERP S.A. doesn't merge it, then we will let it in l10n_br_boleto.
Then I think it's the interest of all account_payment users here to weight
behind our merge proposals to have a cleaner and more generic
account_payment module for everyone.

As I said, for us the deadline is around the end of September max.
Finally, it's still unclear, but we think we will do the final export of the
XML payments using TerminatOOOR and our new Kettle OpenERP module (advantage
is that it's straightforward, even for a trainee to change the export format
to adapt it to a new bank API):
https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/+junk/kettle_connector

Thoughts?

Raphaël Valyi