Re: Multi Currency in OpenERP

Luc

What you are explaining is how OpenERP works but I'm not sure this is  right
What is true is that all entries have to be computed and presented in Account Charts or Reports in EUR
because this is the reference currency
But that does not imply that they should be entered in EUR
On the V6 for example I could not manage to enter a manual accouting entry in a Purchase Journal with USD as currency And you cannot expect an accountant to enter an amount in EUR that would match the invoice amount in USD.

I will check in other software (I have a copy of Microsot Dynamics) how that is managed

Regards

Maurice
Hello,

Sorry Maurice and Invitu you are not correct => if you have a company with the EUR main currency, ALL entries (debit and credit) should be in EUR => but in your example, the Amount currency should be USD. The main currency is the only currency you will have on debit and credit fields other wise your accounting will not be correct.

Regards.

Luc Maurer

--

Camptocamp SA