Re: Multi-company is broken

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Albert Cervera i Areny
<albert@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  OpenERP v6 was supposed to provide multi-company support, but that's not
> what I see after a first look. I've already reported 4 bugs [1] and just
> spent a couple of hours taking a look at it.
>
> Some of those bugs are not hard to solve, but [2] is worrying me much more.
> Has anyone considered using multi-company features? What's your point of
> view? It seems to me, that OpenERP simply added 'company_id' field
> everywhere (well, not everywhere but almost) but did not think very much of
> the implications this has.. am I wrong?
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bugs?field.tag=nan
>
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/724066

We are starting in multi company with diferent currency by company but is
not clear how configure each journals by company if this fields are hidden
everywhere, IMHO this fields must me visible in journals to make easy
configuration, however if you check the multi_company talk about
configuration for multi company instance.

Can OpenERP gives a use case here to configure companies.

Regards,