Re: Multi-company is broken

Il 24/02/2011 03:43, Albert Cervera i Areny ha scritto:
OpenERP v6 was supposed to provide multi-company support, but that's not what
I see after a first look. I've already reported 4 bugs [1] and just spent a
couple of hours taking a look at it.

Multi-company works fine if you have a lot of time to spend in understanting how record rules work in this case.

We are using multicompany on v6 for many customers and it seems to work quite as expected.

with "quite" i mean that the user has to change the company from his preferences every time he need to switch the company. (we "hacked" the web client and placed a select box on the web client header which allows the user to switch the company and that clears the cache once switched).

apart from this, you just need to manually "clone" everything. Sequences...warehouses...locations...

The first time, we have spent about 2 weeks in order to understand how multicompany works in openerp and manage it working properly.

Btw...i think that openerp needs a wizard that takes care of all the mc configurations we are doing manually at the moment.

cheers,
--
Davide Corio
<davide.corio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> - <davide.corio@xxxxxxxxxxx>