Re: Fixed Assets Management in OpenERP 6

Hi Cristian,

Will most definitely test this.

Stock and assets are to my mind completely different beasts.  Typically the
person moving or disposing the asset would have no knowledge of stock moves,
and possibly even security rights to do so.  I feel they are irrelevant for
asset management, although I am not sure what would happen at the delivery
end of a PO, maybe a stock location is needed to transfer from inwards goods
to a virtual location such as fixed assets, or just order directly to fixed
assets location which has the appropriate GL accounts defined.  (Just
thinking out loud here)

Another idea for asset location may be to use a partner (company or
employee) address for main location, and then possibly a many2one or char
field for localisation at that location, e.g. 2nd floor, or printer room.
That link to employee could be especially useful for IT Equipment and
Vehicles when it comes to the HR exit process.

Cheers
Graeme