Re: Fixed Assets Management in OpenERP 6

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:26 AM, <paulino1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a proposal for an enhancement, that is the possibility to compute
> depreciation according to two different schemes - a legal or fiscal one and
> an internal one.
> In my country there is a fiscal depreciation scheme and an accounting one
> that may differ for many categories of assets. This feature will also be
> useful for companies with activities in different countries, so the
> affiliate company can have depreciation according to local rules and another
> one according to the home-company's rules for the purpose of consolidation.

Module has assets by company and you can create methods to
depreciate according each company rules.

> About the connection with account_move_line I think that there can be
> performance issues with the actual design if one have many assets and
> monthly depreciation moves. Not only the asset module can become slow, but
> also all reports and charts that are based on account_move_line.

I this way i think just asset module will has impact in performance (need a
test to confirm), the current value for asset need to reevaluated each time
a compute to deprecate it runs there we need to think in get a acceptable
performance but now i need to create a module with basic and generic
functionalities to all countries considering all technical issues.

>From technical view:
Current value field in asset has store param active to get a better
performance following the openobject API rules.

Regards,

 An alternate approach would be to have an asset_move table, and export to

--
Cristian Salamea
@ovnicraft