Re: Fixed Assets Management in OpenERP 6

Other things to consider:
It may happen one invoice line to be related with many assets (say 10 PCs) each of them should have a record in asset_asset table.

And in case of construction of buildings or of assembly lines you can have many invoices related to the same asset.
In this case, it shouldn't create a new asset for each invoice, but permit to choose an existing asset to associate to the current invoice.

it's a relation maby2many.

Thank you!
Paulino Ascenção

Citando Ovnicraft <ovnicraft@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:26 AM,  <paulino1@xxxxxxx[1]> wrote:
>

> Hello!
>
> I have a proposal for an enhancement, that is the possibility to compute depreciation according to two different schemes - a legal or fiscal one and an internal one.
> In my country there is a fiscal depreciation scheme and an accounting one that may differ for many categories of assets. This feature will also be useful for companies with activities in different countries, so the affiliate company can have depreciation according to local rules and another one according to the home-company's rules for the purpose of consolidation.

   Module has assets by company and you can create methods to depreciate according each company rules.
About the connection with account_move_line I think that there can be performance issues with the actual design if one have many assets and monthly depreciation moves. Not only the asset module can become slow, but also all reports and charts that are based on account_move_line.
   I this way i think just asset module will has impact in performance (need a test to confirm), the current value for asset need to reevaluated each time a compute to deprecate it runs there we need to think in get a acceptable performance but now i need to create a module with basic and generic functionalities to all countries considering all technical issues.    From technical view: Current value field in asset has store param active to get a better performance following the openobject API rules.   Regards,    An alternate approach would be to have an asset_move table, and export to account_move_line the aggregate values by asset categories (or by GL account) and by period.

 On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Vadim Chobanu <vadim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[1]>