VAT changes and product configuration

Dear all

maybe I'm missing something but I would like to get your point of view on the following

A VAT can be attached to a product
A VAT configuration contains two fields used in the VAT declaration

   * Account Base Code (used to sum up the untaxed amount)
   * and an Account Tax Code (used to sum up the amount of tax)

If it happens that the VAT rate will change (as it is the case right today in France), then if we want to separate the old amounts generated with the old rate from the new amounts generated with the new rate, I don't see any other solution as defining a new tax and modify all products so that they will be linked with the new tax.
And that could be very painful.

Any input is welcome.

--
Très cordialement

Maurice MORETTI

TeMPO CONSULTING Valparc 9, rue du Parc  67205 Oberhausbergen FRANCE

Web   : http://www.tempo-consulting.fr
email : mm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tel      : 33 (0)3 88 56 82 10
Fax      : 33 (0)3 88 56 46 64