Re: Default taxes on expense or income accounts are not honoured

On 19-03-12 20:30, Samer Nefawa wrote:
The tax is ignored on the sales order itself, on screen or on the PDF version?

I will check it tomorrow, didn't face such a problem..
Gr s

Hi Samer,

Yes, you could do that. See the bug report for the exact description. Note that the issue was already confirmed by the OpenERP devs and there was a patch (again, see the bug report). However, Fabien invalidated the issue saying that "if there is not tax on the product, it means that there should be no tax in sale or purchase" (in comment #5 [1]), introducing the interesting concept of an empty(!) value overriding a default value on a higher level.

If you are as surprised as I am, then apparently we agree on the way that things are supposed to work and if no one else on the accounting mailing list objects then we can ask Fabien to reconsider.

Regards,
Stefan.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/796570/comments/5

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
web: http://therp.nl

Follow ups