supplier invoice: check_total has disappeared in 6.1?

Hello,

[This is my first post on this list. Let me know if this is not the
right place for such a question.]

While evaluating 6.1, I noticed that the check_total fields that used to
be present on supplier invoices has disappeared from the screen. A bit
of investigation shows it was removed in a commit mentioning "Useability
improvements".

We found this field to be quite useful to catch errors when entering
complex supplier invoices (especially VAT-related errors).

So my question is what is the rationale for removing this check?

Best regards,

-Stéphane Bidoul
ACSONE SA
--