Re: Banking Framework - What is the openERP position?

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 4:32 AM, Stefan Rijnhart <stefan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On 06/01/2012 09:42 PM, Alexis de Lattre wrote:
>

> I have learnt a lot of SEPA SCT and I also found out that the
> account_banking framework doesn't do much on the generation of wire
> transfer files ; it provides more things for the import of bank statement
> (at least it was the case when I work on this in end 2010). But my lack of
> visibility on the future of the account_banking framework made me loose my
> motivation to finish my prototype. But, if there are initiative around SEPA
> for OpenERP, I would love to update my prototype and publish it. going
>

> Hi,
>
> The account_banking framework has a similar pluggable solution for payment
> orders like it has for statement file import, based on the standard
> account_payment module. It consists of a selectable wizard depending on the
> desired payment order format plus the additional workflow logic. See the
> account_banking_nl_clieop module for an example.
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan.

Hello, I wanted to say that so far for us in Brazil, Akretion decided to
use the banking addons as the basis abstraction for banking integration
here. Of course if a better solution exists, we would be glad knowing it.
But at this point it seems it's the best base abstraction. I hope that
together we will be able to maintain it working. We just started to
implement a bank 2 month ago as a very background task. In a month we will
probably finish it and report feedback. Also, we use the
account_payment_extension (+ localized extension over it) extra addons from
the Spanish localization to manage supplier and customer payment orders.
But the idea is to defer the automatic import/export logic to the banking
addons common abstraction.

In France, may be because we dealt with smaller companies and/or focused
less on B2B financial accounting, we didn't use more than account_payment +
direct customization (using file_import or TerminatOOOR) to do the
automatic payment importation and custom code for the payment exportation.
But we don't consider this is an ideal/scalable solution.

That being said, we would appreciate also o know the position of OpenERP SA
about the banking addons. To this date, I cannot think about any community
project that has been supported by OpenERP SA to the point of becoming
officially mainstream (the webkit thing would be the closest candidate but
not officialy acknowledged as the best option yet). I just hope the idea is
not re-inventing a sub-optimal solution in parallel in a few months/years.

Regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant