R: Openerp accounting constraints module -> ideas?

On 11 September 2012 10:46, Frédéric Clementi
<frederic.clementi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Our experience with accounting on OpenERP shown us that the system is,
>> today, not trustable enough since it allows user to do many mistakes.
>>
>> * Account :
>> - Forbid to modify the code of an account if journal entries have been
>>already posted on this account.

# I Agree

>> * Reconcile
>> - Force account with type 'recevable' or 'payable' to have a partner
>> on journal entry

# I Agree

>> * Date/Period
>> - Forbid the possibility to post a journal entry on the wrong fiscal
>> year in the core of the source code.
>> - Forbid the possibility to get date outside the periode : this
>> flexibility given generates too many problems (ie: filters or journal
>> entry posted on the wrong month or worst  wrong year). This features
>> already exists (checkbox in journal) -> we want to hide this option.

# I Agree

>> * Journal entries
>> - Forbid the modification / deletion on a automatic journal entries (ie:
>> generated by an invoice, bank statement, voucher, cash,... ?)
>> - Forbid to post any entries except on journals with type 'general' in
>> order to force users to good practices (create invoices and use banks
>> statement for ex.)

# I Agree

>Also, I'd like to see tighter validation on the use of the 'Currency'
>and 'Currency Amount' fields as it is possible to enter one without the
other, which is incorrect. This then causes a problem with FX revaluation,
which is difficult to track >down.

>Also, it is possible to enter a Credit amount with a positive 'Currency
Amount', or a Debit with a negative 'Currency Amount'. We've had to add
validation to catch this >error, but it should be in the core code.

>Related to this, I think that the journal entry screen needs to be
improved. The fields are in the wrong order for data entry - users should
enter the date, Currency and >Currency Amount which should automatically
calculate the Debit/Credit amounts using the exchange rate for that day. The
user can then override the Debit/Credit >amount, if necessary.

>James

# I Agree - it's very important for accountant

Moreover, I think it would be interesting to have the feature from 5.0 that
automatically proposed a counterpart when manually entering journal entries

--
Sforzi Stefano                           stefano.sforzi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Via Brüsighell -  6807   -   Taverne  -  Switzerland